Frequently Asked Questions
The Full Festival Pass includes 10 Open Level Classes, 2 Empowerment/Awareness Sessions, Jam Session, Conference, Culture Dance Night & Culture Dance Clash entrance and the dance theatre “Afrikan Party”, plus more goodies! It is definitely worth it! Register here.
These are accommodations we recommend. From there you can reach the venue easily by walking or public transportation:
Acom Hotel Berlin City South
Rudower Straße 90-94,
Alt Rudow 1,
Motel Plus Berlin Neukoelln
Metropol Hostel Berlin
Use metro U7 to reach the metro station Lipschitzallee. You only have to cross the market place from the metro station to reach the venue.
Metro station Lipschitzallee (U7) has good connections to the airport BER and the railway stations. Use the trip planner to plan your journey with public transportation.
You can use the parking area next to the car dealer. It is very important to navigate to the address Lipschitzallee 68, 12353 Berlin in order to get there! Google maps navigates you somewhere else if you use the venue’s address.
Yes, you can buy tickets at the box office at the venue!
Note that some classes and events might be sold out! We recommend to get tickets in advance. We will inform about sold out classes and events on the homepage and on Instagram.
Yes, we will sell water and soft drinks during CDC Festival. We also have catering offers serving the most delicious food at the festival, as well as the best handmade banana bread. Do not forget to bring cash!
We provide one big room as changing room for participants. There are no lockers so please take your valuables with you.
Please contact our team if you need to shower urgently so we can arrange it, as there is only one shower in the backstage area.
Yes – we are looking for volunteers to help us run the festival smoothly. Feel free to contact us.
- Accessible toilets are available in both venues (Berlin Global Village and Gemeinschaftshaus Gropiusstadt)
- Accessible parking spaces are available in both venues (navigate to Lipschitzallee 68 for Gemeinschaftshaus Gropiusstadt)
- Both buildings have access via ramps and elevators in the building to access all event spaces
- The events will be held in spoken English
- There are several seating options in the venues, if you need assistance in finding a seat please contact our Awareness Team.
- There will be an Awareness Team on site (recognizable by the purple vests), who offer support in cases of discrimination and/or conflicts.
- Loud music will be played at the event
- There will be places of retreat in case of sensory overload or similar, which are accessible by contacting the Awareness Team.
- There will be a consistent place of retreat for people who identify as black.